Netgear EX6400 is a powerful dual-band wifi mesh extender that is capable of delivering wifi speed up to 1.9 Gbps. One of the best features that Netgear EX6400 offer is no new SSID or password is needed, there will be just one wifi name for all your Netgear devices.
Now let’s get started with the Netgear EX6400 Setup.
Netgear EX6400 Extender Setup Using Web Browser
- Connect Your Netgear Extender EX6400 to the power outlet.
- Press the power button on the side panel of the extender.
- Wait until the extender turns completely ON.
Note: make sure the extender and wifi router is in the same room.
- Take your laptop or computer and connect to the extender using the wifi network utility.
- Once your computer is successfully connected to the extender, the extender LED will turn green.
- Open any web browser on your computer.
Note: It is recommended always to install two web browsers on your computer. In case you get any issue due to the browser during the setup then you can easily switch to another web browser.
- Now type www mywifiext net in the address bar of the web browser and hit the ENTER key.
Note: If you are not able to reach mywifiext net, then click here to get brief information about how to fix this issue.
- Provide the login credentials in the prompted box.
- Select the network you wish to extend.
- Provide the password for your selected network.
- Create the username and password for your extended network and click on save.
That’s how you have completed the Netgear EX6400 setup now. Now place your extender where you want to be.