Whether you're looking to buy, move, or even reduce the size of your first home, choosing the right real estate attorney can be challenging and time-consuming. Below is a list of the most important things to consider to choose the right Vaughan real estate attorney for you.
1) Experience: Many would argue that this is the most important factor. How many real estate deals does this company make on average in a month? Annual? Who other than your attorney works in the firm with whom you can work (assistant, another attorney), and what is their experience?
2) Focus: Your real estate attorney should primarily focus on residential real estate. Try to find someone who spends at least 90% of their time in residential, not commercial, real estate.
3) Availability: Your attorney and his or her law firm should be on hand to assist you if you have any questions or concerns and must respond to your inquiries promptly. Before signing up to work with them, you should clarify your expectations about availability. They also need to be presented for your graduation papers to be signed.
4) Affiliates: Your attorney must be connected and registered with your mortgage debtor or bank.
5) Good condition: You must currently have a good reputation with a Top Canadian Law Firm. If you are unsure, you can always contact the public directly to check or review their directory.